IndianRaga Music and Dance Competition: June 2017
The theme for this month is: Shiva. Present a piece that is on or related to Lord Shiva
Competition Entry Form
Please fill the form below to complete your submission to the competition. If you already have an account with IndianRaga, please sign into your account before completing this form. If you don’t already have one, a new account will be created for you once you submit the entry. You will receive an email with your login credentials.
Please note that you cannot resubmit an entry submitted earlier.
Eligibility and Categories :
Open to dancers and musicians from any genre!
You can apply in any category that you feel comfortable, but if you need help figuring out which one you belong to, here’s a rough estimate
BEGINNER : Less than 3 years of training
INTERMEDIATE : 3 to 6 years of training
ADVANCED : More than 6 years of training
- Carnatic Music
- Hindustani Music
- Semi-classical/folk/devotional/regional music
- Movie Songs
- Classical Dance
- Semi-classical/Folk/Fusion/Bollywood Dance
- Digital/Electronic Music
1. For the classical music categories electronic or regular tanpura is mandatory, any other basic accompaniment is not mandatory but you can feel free to have it.
2. Try to have a plain background. Please do not have any portraits or pictures of Gods, or any other religious symbolism in the videos.
3. There is no time limit. Please make it as short or as long as you like, and are able to hold audience attention.
4. You can submit links of previous performances as long as the main applicant is seen/heard clearly.
5. Each applicant can submit more than one entry if he/she chooses, but maximum one entry per each category is allowed.
June 30, 2017
Results will be announced in 2 weeks
Application Fee :
$25 per individual entry and $35 for group entries. Non-refundable.
Special packages are available at discounted rates
Prizes and Benefits :
1. Entries of all winners will be featured to thousands of audiences on IndianRaga’s social media channels. To see how much engagement our videos get, just see any video on www.facebook.com/indianragaproject and see the comments and shares.
2. Winners will receive a select set of courses from IndianRaga’s Educational Platform for free on unique, interesting topics.
3. Earn points towards the IndianRaga Championship.