IndianRaga Music and Dance Competition: May 2016
The theme for this month is ‘Joy’. Spring/Summer is coming, which means vacation, bright weather and lots of reasons to be happy and cheerful!
Choose a song/choreography that:
1. Fills you with joy or happiness! (there doesn’t have to be a reason why it makes you happy), OR
2. Is based on the theme of joy or happiness, OR
3. Has a happy, playful tune!
- Dance (all genres: classical, fusion, bollywood, folk, etc.)
- Hindustani music
- Carnatic music
- Movie music
- Semi-classical/folk/devotional/regional music
- Digital/Electronic Music
Competition Entry Form
Please fill the form below to complete your submission to the competition. If you already have an account with IndianRaga, please sign into your account before completing this form. If you don’t already have one, a new account will be created for you once you submit the entry. You will receive an email with your login credentials.
Eligibility and Categories :
Open to dancers and musicians from any genre!
You can apply in any category that you feel comfortable, but if you need help figuring out which one you belong to, here’s a rough estimate
BEGINNER : Less than 3 years of training
INTERMEDIATE : 3 to 6 years of training
ADVANCED : More than 6 years of training
Award Categories :
We will be giving away Special Mentions and awards in the following categories :
The best vocal/instrumental/dance performance in terms of technique, presentation and overall impact.
BEST CREATIVE PERFORMANCE
Present the piece creatively, in terms of content or presentation, and surprise us!
1. For the classical music categories electronic or regular tanpura is mandatory, any other basic accompaniment is not mandatory but you can feel free to have it.
2. Try to have a plain background. Please do not have any portraits or pictures of Gods, or any other religious symbolism in the videos.
3. There is no time limit. Please make it as short or as long as you like, and are able to hold audience attention.
4. You can submit links of previous performances as long as the main applicant is seen/heard clearly.
5. Each applicant can submit more than one entry if he/she chooses.
Sunday 5th June.
Results will be announced by 20th June.
Application Fee :
$25 per individual entry and $35 for group entries. Non-refundable.
Prizes and Benefits :
1. Entries of all winners will be featured to thousands of audiences on IndianRaga’s social media channels. To see how much engagement our videos get, just see any video on www.facebook.com/indianragaproject and see the comments and shares.
2. Winners will receive a select set of courses from IndianRaga’s Educational Platform for free on unique, interesting topics.
3. Earn points towards the IndianRaga Monthly Competitions Championship.