IndianRaga Music and Dance Competition: March 2016
Pick a category and theme from below and submit a video link presenting a Music or Dance piece based on these:
- Dance (Classical, Semi-classical, Bollywood, Fusion): Present any piece with the themes `Holi’, `Raas Leela’, or ‘Krishna’ OR perform a piece set to any composition of Muthuswami Dikshithar.
- Hindustani music: any composition on the theme of Holi
- Carnatic music: any composition of Muthuswami Dikshithar
- Bollywood music: any song that has either Arijit Singh or Shreya Ghoshal as ONE of the singers
- Semi-classical music: any composition on the theme of Holi
Oops! We could not locate your form.
Eligibility and Categories :
Open to musicians from any genre!
You can apply in any category that you feel comfortable, but if you need help figuring out which one you belong to, here’s a rough estimate
BEGINNER : Less than 3 years of training
INTERMEDIATE : 3 to 6 years of training
ADVANCED : More than 6 years of training
Award Categories :
We will be giving away Special Mentions and awards in the following categories :
The best vocal/instrumental/dance performance in terms of technique, presentation and overall impact.
BEST CREATIVE PERFORMANCE
Present the piece creatively, in terms of content or presentation, and surprise us!
1. For the classical music categories electronic or regular tanpura is mandatory, any other basic accompaniment is not mandatory but you can feel free to have it.
2. Try to have a plain background. Please do not have any portraits or pictures of Gods, or any other religious symbolism in the videos.
3. There is no time limit. Please make it as short or as long as you like, and are able to hold audience attention.
4. You can submit links of previous performances as long as the main applicant is seen/heard clearly.
5. Each applicant can submit more than one entry if he/she chooses.
6. Submission deadline is 20 March 2016 at 11:59 pm PST. Results will be announced by 10th April.
Application Fee : $25 Per Entry. Non-refundable.
Prizes and Benefits :
1. Entries of all winners will be featured to thousands of audiences on IndianRaga’s social media channels. To see how much engagement our videos get, just see any video on www.facebook.com/indianragaproject and see the comments and shares.
2. Winners will receive a select set of courses from IndianRaga’s Educational Platform for free on unique, interesting topics.