Do you want to apply to be an IndianRaga Fellow?
It is super easy! Just apply in any genre of your choice and submit a 3-5 min performance video link
1. If you are selected, you meet other candidates online to form teams and brainstorm ideas. IndianRaga will also provide some ideas to aid the process .
2. You form teams and submit ideas to our expert panel for approval and feedback
3. You jam on the approved ideas over Google Hangout or Skype with your team members and create rough drafts
4. Our expert panel will give you feedback on the drafts to help you refine them. 5. You come to Fellowship Week and rehearse it with your team, and produce it professionally under our guidance
6. The videos are released and promoted by IndianRaga on our flagship channel
1.There is an application fee for New Fellows ($65/£50/₹3500), and detailed
feedback is given to each applicant by our expert panel.
2.Application fee for Returning Fellows is $35/£30/₹2000.
3.If selected, there is a program fee ($500/£250/₹10000) for New Fellows that helps us cover part of the mentorship and production costs.
4.Program fee for Returning Fellows is $300/£200/₹8000.
5.Fellows have to arrange for their own travel, accommodation and other costs associated with attending Fellowship Week.
note: GST to be added for all fees in India
Yes, many Fellows apply in multiple categories because you have to be selected as a Fellow for each genre/category that you wish to perform. Just submit an application separately for each category.
Just choose Other and specify what the category is in the form itself. We are constantly looking to add new and diverse categories and genres to the Fellowship, so we welcome all entries. Similarly if the genre is not listed, choose Other and specify the details.
No. Only online applications through our form are accepted
No. It can be a simple home-made video, we are not evaluating your production skills. Please have bright or natural lighting, a static camera in landscape mode that does not move. No editing or adding special effects is allowed. Please do not submit live stage performance videos, it has to be specially shot for IndianRaga Fellowship
All vocal and melodic instrumental entries must have a tanpura/sruthi box/iTanpura in the background for Indian classical, semi-classical and film songs.
Percussionists must send in videos of them ‘accompanying’ someone, not solo. The artists who is being accompanied will not be evaluated.
Dancers can send in videos in practice clothes, it does not have to be full costume
Pre-recorded videos such as arangetrams, professionally produced and edited videos are not allowed. The submission must be recorded specifically for the IndianRaga Fellowship.