All musicians between the ages 6-60 are eligible to apply!
Applying to the IndianRaga Fellowship is a simple, one step process. Just submit a 5 min performance link. If selected, we add you to a google group with all selected candidates and you can form groups and collaborate. Groups can be formed online to brainstorm ideas, but collaboration happens in person over one weekend when the videos are produced.
List of categories is given below, but if you do not fall into any of those categories just choose Other and specify what the category is. We are constantly looking to add new and diverse genres to the Fellowship. If you wish to apply in multiple categories, you need to register separately for each category.
For the performance link, a simple home-made video is fine. The content should reflect your most advanced skills. If you are selected in a particular category, you can only collaborate as an artist in that category, even if you are skilled in other genres.
- Gurmat Sangeet
- Western Classical
- Music Arrangement
- Audio Recording/Mixing
- Videography/Video Editing
- Costumes and Styling
- Lighting and Set Design
1. All vocal and melodic instrumental entries must have a tanpura/sruthi box/iTanpura in the background for Indian classical, semi-classical and film song categories.
2. Percussionists must send in videos of them ‘accompanying’ someone, not solo. The artists who is being accompanied will not be evaluated.
3. Dancers can send in videos in practice clothes, it does not have to be full costume
4. Pre-recorded videos such as arangetrams, professionally produced and edited videos are not allowed. The submission must be recorded specifically for the IndianRaga Fellowship.
5. Cameras should absolutely be still and not moving or shaky when the performance is being shot. The lighting should be as bright as possible, natural lighting is preferred. All shots should be in Landscape mode and not Portrait.
6. There should be absolutely no editing or effects added to music tracks for music entries