Winner of the MIT IDEAS Global Challenge and US Creative Business Cup 2012, IndianRaga is an education startup founded at MIT. Our mission is to make it easy to access authentic education in the arts and build a thoughtful society.
Our approach to music education focuses on instructor-led training of fundamental concepts combined with peer-led learning. We provide a holistic approach to learning music, including a focus on presentation and performance, high-quality audio and video production for digital channels, and learning how to collaborate with fellow musicians.
We run five main projects:
- IndianRaga Online Education Platform: An online library of music education videos covering various genres and aimed at learners at all levels of their musical journey.
- IndianRaga Fellowship: Once a year, as a 10-12 day musical retreat for advanced level of musicians. For more info, click here.
- Raga Centers: On-ground franchises where you can learn from certified instructors and get certified by a panel of widely-recognized maestros. For more info, click here.
- Raga Labs : Conducted in major cities in North America and some in India, bringing students of music together to collaborate. For more info, click here.
- Concerts and Productions : We produce innovative concerts to make Indian music more relatable to audiences, and also work with leading corporates to do lec-dems and guest performances. For more info, click here.
Over the last two years, we have successfully launched the IndianRaga Fellowship in North America, our first on-ground Raga Center, and over 25 IndianRaga Labs, in addition to various concerts, lec-dems and educational projects.
We were featured on NPR recently.
MIT Global Challenge: Community Choice Award 2012
Creative Business Cup: USA winner